Friday, November 10, 2006

RISK (Parker Bros / Hasbro) the game of world domination

A couple of years ago I approached Hasbro who are the license holders for the boardgame RISK and asked about getting the rights to make a version of the game as a piece of furniture.

Unfortunatley there didn't seem to be a big market for the game as a deluxe table, I'd planned to have 6 drawers (1 for each player), metal sculpted pieces etc.
I did however re-design the playing board and produce prints from this design which can be mounted, incorporated into a games table or just framed and hung on the wall.

The prints are quite large at 39 inches by 25 inches but printed on 170gsm paper.
I am currently making a cheaper coffee table version incorporating the print but I also have the prints for sale on their own.

These prints would be a great present for any RISK fan. They are available via my website or via my shop on ebay.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I was thinking about putting something together recently, a coffee table design like yours. I love the idea and I don't know why it isn't a household product.

Anonymous said...

I've actully bougth the poster and ordered a tablecloth in a platic-like material, making it even bigger (the current size of the map is 1 m x 70 cm)... and is fantastic!