Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shadow Puppets and Shadow Play by David Currell

Shadow Puppets and Shadow Play by David Currell

One of the presents I was lucky enough to receive last Christmas was 'Shadow Puppets and Shadow Play' by David Currell. Having read and thoroughly enjoyed his book "making and manipulating marionettes" - there's still plenty to enjoy and learn even when you make marionettes professionally- I was keen to get a look at this one. It didn't disappoint.

The book covers some of the traditions and history as well as design,construction and performance. There is even a great section showing how to make staging and screens, from small home versions to larger portable theatres. Not being as familiar with shadow puppetry as I am with marionettes I must say this book has inspired me to do more. I hope you find the same.

If you are looking for a start into puppetry you couldn't do much better than this book in my opinion.

Click the image and buy through my amazon store and you can support not only Mr Currell but myself too.

No comments: